July 1, 2018

NOT Cassandric!

It has been hot as blazes here lately – a week of 90s and heat index 100+. So both cats are now sleeping in the bedroom with the AC, which means I have not been sleeping well at all, since Franklin is usually on my half. Thus I took a nap earlier today, and now am pretty awake. Since it has been a really bad week for the Good Guys, I thought I'd put a post here.

Plus, summer Sox/Yankees are on the tv, so seems apt. 
How a bad week you ask?

[Wow, seriously, I can't indent?!? Poor paragraph editing options. Otherwise this would structurally be better. But I know, it's free, blah blah]
  • The SCOTUS travel ban and Kennedy retiring (we now know his political lean)
  • The bullshit Janus decision
  • Marching in the streets is underappreciated
 Granted my week was pretty swell. We're doing a job search, and HR is still coordinating visits. I was really productive in terms of writing lectures (hello, Ambioris) and even reading. See above. But the Union thing is really suck.

Sorry I didn't clip the credit, but tbc: not mine!
I did a bad job labeling the "receipt," but I would agree that this only ends with marching in the streets. And not the torch-lit night-time marching either.

Mostly though, something has been bugging me, and a public threshing out would be good.

But a larger thing has been percolating in my head, and here I can at least list the theory: Trump has the RNC emails. Given to him, obviously.
Granted, those could only have come from "someone" who had authorized and state-supported extensive hacking into Western political organizations.

(You seriously think only the DNC emails were hacked? You also probably think that back-channels into this White House don't exist. If you also think that Dear Leader Trump is great and MAGA!! – please leave this blog.)

I've seen marginally thoughtful people struggling to understand why and how the Republican Party has capitulated so thoroughly to Trump. And I would point at them and laugh. (Thoughtful people know why – they read Kruse or Schickler or Sugrue; there are others on my list, but I have only read through these so far.)

Because THIS is what the Republican Party has been working toward since the 1910s.
Yes I know the problems of this picture, thus her mother here is clearly shown being searched.
Why the leadership of the GOP has gone so quickly, so willingly and so FAR down the rabbit hole of authoritarianism and fascism without so much as a "Meep" to the effects this could, perhaps have on their political party is interesting though, just the same.

So: Putin gave Trump the RNC emails to ensure the party's docility. 

And if Trump did have the RNC emails, and the coordinated propaganda and character sliming, and the Gorsuch conspiracies, and the financial crimes (looking at you, NRA and Cambridge Anal), that would explain the deafening silence. You know, if you needed an additional reason beyond the racism and ethnic cleansing.
This champion's name is roslyn la liberte it seems. She can have capital letters when she reca..... well, or not.