November 9, 2017

Wreaking Havoc, Generating Change

Bummer: in Spring semester I have to teach the Hist. Presidents class again. I like the class, but fear this spring will be consumed by Impeachment. I'm trying to decide how much of that I intend to feature. It takes me back to my MA stuff at Northeastern; I graded for a Professor who taught a course on Clinton's impeachment. Going to have to find those notes.
Anyway, it's still hard to "historically" do Dobelieu, let alone Obama or the Short-Fingered Vulgarian. (H/T if you don't know)
Unless he's impeached and makes abundant history! Let's Hope!

Anyway just wanted to document an observation, if there were ever to be a silver lining to the Vulgarian Regime: The Michigan Daily today published a story that the University's Greek Council had voted to suspend all social activities. It referenced a similar decision of a Florida university in response to common incidents - moronic undergrad Greek partying, including drugs, hazing, sexual assault (and death in the FL case).

Now, I just want to propose that if the terrifyingly normalized behavior of the Vulgarian - his crudeness, mendacity, staggering incompetence, sexual predation, et seq. ad nauseum - has touched off a wave of serious and appropriate surveillance of awful, criminal activity (ROY MOORE LOOKIN AT YOU!), wouldn't that be a positive thing, at least in that respect?

Put another way, if the Vulgarian's presidency* generates a serious backlash against entitled, spoiled, noxious and violent behavior with serious criminal and financial consequences, I at least will consider that one positive thing to emerge.
(But only after the Vulgarian is impeached.)